November 11, 2011

Lettuce Wraps

Once again, I forgot to take a photo…which may be a regular thing now because BH broke my fancy camera. But it was kind of like those lettuce cups they have at PF Chang's (I know you know what I'm talkin' about). This was a combination of a bunch of different recipes I found online. I'm not a big iceberg lettuce person, but I liked in this recipe. Next time though, I'd probably use Bibb, because it would look nicer.

18 iceberg lettuce leaves
2 lbs. ground chicken breast
1 extra-large onion, chopped
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1 head of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons shoyu
3/8 cup hoisin sauce
4 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/4 tsp. ground cayenne
2 cans (8 oz. each) bamboo shoots, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced

Rinse lettuce leaves, keeping them whole. Set aside to drain.

Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often to break up the meat. Add onion, garlic, shoyu, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chili sauce. Cook until the meat is crumbled and brown. Add bamboo shoots, walnuts and green onions. Cook until onions begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.

Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer edge of a platter. Spoon meat mixture in center. Allow diners to spoon meat mixture into lettuce leaves and eat like a taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment